Ice Cream and anime edition
One the hottest day anime, as well as ice cream, is some of the best ways to cool down. Today we bring you some anime news and we share a watermelon Ice Cream Cake recipe. Itadakimasu, minna!
Suara and the Utawarerumono: The False Faces songs
Suara did not just perform the first Opening song “Fuantei na Kamisama (Unsteady God),” for Utawarerumono: The False Faces, which is still an ongoing anime, she is also performing the new Ending song “Hoshifuru Sora Aogimite” (Looking up at the Star Falling Sky) which will be released on January 27th. She is no stranger to anime theme songs as some of her songs featured in anime like ToHeart2, Blue Drop: Tenshitachi no Gikyoku, Tears to Tiara, Cardfight!! Vanguard Link Joker Chapter, and Future Card Buddyfight.
In Utawarerumono: The False Faces, our Hero finds himself standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain he doesn’t recognize. He suffers from amnesia, doesn’t even know himself. He’s suddenly attacked by an insect-like creature and is saved by a beautiful animal-eared girl with a tail named Kuon. She names him Haku, and a friendship is born.
Today we look at some of her videos for the Utawarerumono: The False Faces soundtrack, to have a look please follow our links:
GRANRODEO and Bungou Stray Dogs
According to the official website of Bungou Stray Dogs (one of the new anime 2016), the yet-titled Opening Song is to be performed by GRANRODEO. GRANRODEO vocalist, Kiseo Taniyama is also cast as Chuya Nakahara in the anime. GRANRODEO is known for providing theme songs for anime Kurokami: The Animation, NEEDLESS, Code: Breaker, and Karnevall. The OP song for Bungo Stray Dogs will be released as their 24th single in April.
In Bungou Stray Dogs we meet Nakajima Atsushi, just kicked out of his orphanage, standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, rescues a man who is attempting suicide. That man is Dazai Osamu, and Danzi is a member of a special detective agency that deals with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. And it seems members of that Detective agency has super powers!!!!
Here is the first promotional video for Bungou Stray Dogs, to have a look please follow our link: http://bit.ly/Bungo-Stray-Dogs-PV1
Four short character promo videos for the anime Divine Gate has been posted by Marvelous. The videos for Akane and Midori is narrated by Megumi Ogata (Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion). Divine Gate is produced by Studio Pierrot.
In Divine Gate, a gate is opened and the worlds of mortals, fairies and demons collide, and the world is in chaos. A world council is formed and peace is restored, or is it? What lies beyond the gate? And to those who reach the gate’s door, will their world change?
Let’s take a look at the promo videos, to look, follow our links:
Akane – http://bit.ly/Divine-Gate-Akane-PV
Midori – http://bit.ly/Divine-Gate-Midori-PV
Rumours about Aoto – http://bit.ly/Divine-Gate-Rumors-about-Aoto-PV
Arthur – http://bit.ly/Divine-Gate-Arthur-PV
Watermelon Ice Cream Cake
Don’t let the warm summer heat get you down. Eat a nice cool watermelon or some ice cream or better yet make some Watermelon Ice Cream! We found this interesting video on making the ice cream and we share the recipe as well. Watch until the end of the video to see the bloopers.
Here is the recipe as provided by the Hey! It’s Mosogourmet!! Youtube channel:
Bake sponge cake
1. Line a 27 cm square baking pan with parchment paper, and coat with a thin layer of oil.
First, bake the green sponge cake
2. Divide the white and yolk of 1 egg.
3. Beat the egg white briefly with a mixer until it has turned entirely white. (Hand mixer on high-speed.)
4. Add in 25 g of granulated sugar and beat thoroughly until peaks form.
5. Add in the egg yolk and mix again.
6. Dissolve 3g (1 1/2 tsp) of matcha in a small amount of hot water. Mix into egg mixture.
7. Sift in 13 g (1 2/3 tbsp) of cake flour, combine briefly at a low-speed, then switch to a rubber spatula, and mix thoroughly until the flour is fully incorporated.
8. Pour your mixture into the pan from Step 1, and level it off.
9. Tap the pan on the counter to remove any large air bubbles, then bake for 4 1/2 minutes in a 200° preheated oven.
10. When it has finished baking, cover it with parchment paper or something to keep it from drying out.
Next, bake the white sponge cake
11. Divide the whites and yolks of 3 eggs.
12. Mix the same way as you did in Steps 3–5.
13. Sift in 37 g (4 1/2 tbsp) of cake flour, combine briefly on low-speed, switch to a rubber spatula, and mix thoroughly until the flour is fully incorporated.
14. Pour this mixture into the pan from Step 10, and level it off.
15. Tap the pan on the counter to remove the large air bubbles, then bake for 6 minutes in a 200° preheated oven.
16. When it has finished baking, cover it with parchment paper or something to keep it from drying out.
Use watermelon ice cream to make the filling.
17. Once your sponge cake has cooled from Step 16, cut it into 2.5 cm wide slices, and cut the slices off diagonally at each end. (You will use two slices, plus about 7 cm.)
18. Line the circumference of the mold with parchment paper.
19. Place the pieces from Step 17 into the mold, as if trying to stick them to the paper, leaving no gaps.
20. Sprinkle 13 g of gelatin into 50 ml of water, and allow it to soak.
21. Heat the mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds to dissolve the gelatin. (Do not let it come to a boil.)
22. Warm 140 ml of milk without letting it boil.
23. Mix the gelatin mixture into the milk.
24. Mix in 35 ml of watermelon syrup.
25. When that has cooled, add two packages of watermelon ice cream (380 ml / 310 g) and use a mixer to blend.
26. Pour the mixture into your mold from Step 19, and allow it to cool and harden in the freezer for about 8 hours.
27. Draw on the black watermelon rind stripes with black cocoa powder melted into a small amount of water.
28. Slice and enjoy.
Here is the video to take you through the steps. Please follow our link: http://bit.ly/Watermelon-Ice-Cream-Cake
Do you have something tasty to add to the Bento box or an opinion about one of our delicious topics or a suggestion to make the Bento Box more tantalizing? Mail us at email@example.com